concerteenies & woodfield string quartet
saturday 11 january 2020
10.30am & 11.45am
Join the Woodfield String Quartet and Polly Ives for a concert to include music by Mozart, Vivaldi, Gershwin, and McFly. With bubbles, percussion, props and informal introductions, this is a fun and informal concert for adults and their children aged 0-3 (siblings welcome).
- Children free/ adults £7.50 (in advance – booking fees apply). £8.50 per adult on the door, if any tickets are left.
- Tickets online on Eventbrite, via Facebook Concerteenies page. Please state the number of free children’s spaces too.
- Pre-sales end at 6pm the evening before the concert.
- Most concerts sell out before the day so do check the Facebook Concerteenies page or email Polly Ives.
info for on the day
- Doors open at 10.15am.
- No need to print your ticket. Just tell us your name on the door. Please have booking email confirmation available if needed.
- Refreshments kindly being sold by St Andrew’s URC.
- You are responsible for the safety of your own children and belongings.
- There is nappy changing facilities, a buggy area and feel free to breastfeed.
- This is a listening concert so we encourage you to not chat throughout, so your fellow audience members and little ones can really enjoy the music.
woodfield string quartet
The Woodfield String Quartet was formed in 2017, brought together to perform a concert to celebrate the life of local music teacher and instrument maker Joseph Worrall. Since our inaugural concert at The Chapel on the Bridge in Rotherham, the quartet has enjoyed performing to audiences across Yorkshire by putting on recitals, giving workshops for schools and providing music for weddings and other special events. The four musicians, Rosie, Hannah (violins), Julie (viola) and Polly (cello) between them have also performed and worked with CBSO, Ensemble 360, London Philharmonic Orchestra, Royal Opera House, CBeebies, Josh Groban, Smokey Robinson and Barry Manilow! They have also taught with Sheffield and Rotherham Music Hubs. Our mission is to deliver excellence in our music making, to enthuse audiences and to encourage children and young people to engage with music making.